Our clients who have individual policies through BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina have access to a nice rewards program called Blue Rewards.
Blue Rewards pays you for taking certain healthy actions as a way to incentivize you to take care of yourself.
2021 Blue Rewards
- Get a flu shot = $60
- Complete an annual wellness exam (physical) = $60
- Complete a telehealth visit (using BlueCare on Demand) = $30
So you can earn a total of $150 each year per person. Each covered member of your family can earn rewards, so a family of 4 could earn $600 via Blue Rewards each year.
How to Use and Redeem Blue Rewards
Your Blue Rewards money can be used to pay for your costs of covered medical expenses, including copays, coinsurance, and other out-of-pocket expenses. You can’t use it to pay for pharmacy costs or for non-covered expenses.
Even with these limitations, this will still help you save on your medical costs.
How to Access Blue Rewards and Get Started
- Members will receive a registration communication (email or mail) providing them with instructions on how to activate their Blue Rewards wellness account.
- The subscriber will be asked to enter their email address, member ID number and create a password.
- Once registration has been completed and a qualifying wellness activity has been completed, a Blue Rewards Visa® card is mailed to the subscriber.
- Reward dollars are added to the Blue Rewards Visa® card as each member’s qualifying activities are completed.
If you had a Blue Rewards account last year and didn’t use all of the funds, you can carry forward up to $60 into 2021.
Just contact us!